PlaytimeJune 11, 2011
Its playtime. I am fortunate enough to have the following unboxed and at my disposal for some time.
It is two Cisco Nexus 7010 chassis, meant for a another new 10Gb DC coming online soon.
Each comprise of the following configuration:
- 2x SUP-1’s: First generation Supervisor.
- 3x FAB-1: Cross connect Fabric card module.
- 2x N7K-M132XP: M1-Series 32-Port 1/10Gb Ethernet Module, 80Gb Fabric.
- 1x N7K-M148GS: M1-Series 48-Port 1Gb Ethernet Modules, 46Gb Fabric.
The the other switches are:
- 2x Nexus 5010’s
- 2x Nexus 2224TP (Fabric Extender)
- 3x Catalyst 3750G
- 1x Lost Catalyst 2960.
Unfortunately I do not have a F1 series linecard, it would be interesting testing Cisco FabricPath, but I can test OTV (Overlay Transport Virtualization). The messy cable configuration was done for that exact purpose, to test OTV. ;D
So in the next couple days I will cover the theory, configuration, pro’s and con’s of using OTV as a DCI (Data Center Interconnect).Follow @routingbits